Wednesday, September 8, 2010

56 days until Launch Day (I'll have mayo, not mustard on mine.)

It's almost 2 months until my 31st birthday and the 'official' start of this project. 365 posts, 1 per day, throughout my 31st year. About what? About life in all it's awful, wonderful, terrifying, perfect moments. Whatever this year may bring, I'll share it with you, hopefully accompanied by a picture of the day too.

I've come to realize as I come to the end of 30, just how flippin' fast time goes! When does that internal clock all of a sudden start to fly? Why do I feel like college graduation wasn't so far away and moving to New York still feels new, when in reality they were 7 and 5 years ago respectively. Ok, yes... for the more mature [read 'older', I'm being polite] reader anything less than 10 years IS practically yesterday. But I'm feeling like Alice who's fallen down the rabbit hole and time is merely an elusive, and confusing, study of a Dali painting.

You've heard that Emerson quote before: Life is a journey, not a destination. Well, here comes the journey! For the next 56 days, I'm going to try to get into a rhythm with this blogging thing - stick with me! - and see where we end up (just a pit stop, not a final destination). I'm inviting you to live vicariously through the movie of my life... while I live it, you can sit back with your popcorn and experience the roller coaster from the other side of the screen.

Welcome aboard, no height requirements to ride this ride.

6 comments:

  1. Yay for no height requirements! Impressive undertaking with this! Fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for inviting me to your journey! i'm pretty sure it's going to be a cool experience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all the support guys! I'm kind of excited about this little project now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Proust said" The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscape, but in having new eyes." Yay for you Cat. Thanks for letting me journey with you.

    ReplyDelete