Saturday, September 11, 2010

53 days... Dream Analysis, it means WHAT??

I don't often remember my dreams, and if I do they're usually nightmares. I had a peculiar one last night, simply because as Inception points out you rarely remember the beginning of a dream, and I felt like I remembered the beginning of this one.

I was walking down the street, late at night, my hoodie pulled up over my head. I'm feeling comfortable, happy, satisfied even. [perhaps leaving work?] I see on the corner a small group of darkly dressed young men, it makes me uncomfortable. I'm not too concerned though, just more aware, because on this corner is the entrance to the parking garage where my car is parked. The parking attendant already has my car pulled up near the entrance, he is familiar to me and we exchange a smile, I feel a moment of safety. This is shattered when, just as I'm about to close the car door, a hand slams down on the roof of the car and a menacing, not quite human, almost ghoulish face looms before me, laughing at me with crazy eyes. And I wake up.

I wasn't actually scared when I woke up. I was more disappointed that a pleasant feeling had been warped so quickly and completely. Later in the day I tried a little art therapy by painting the scene from my nightmare. Of course, there's a huge element of interpretation to art therapy I'm lacking. But it did feel good to realize something that had been vaguely haunting my mind. Granted there was definitely a layer of frustration because I had difficulty translating to paper what was so vivid in emotion in my mind.

In the interest of trying to figure out what the hell it all means and without the fancy psychology degree, I turned to the internet and found an interesting website: www.dreammoods.com

So, bit by bit and dream symbol search by search, this is what I discovered:
  • To dream that you are in a garage, signifies a period of inactivity and idleness in your life. You feel that you are lacking direction or guidance in achieving your goals.
  • To see a hood in your dream, signifies that you are hiding and cowering from a person or situation.
  • To dream that you are driving a car, denotes your ambition, your drive and your ability to navigate from one stage of your life to another.
  • To dream that you have been carjacked, suggests that you have lost your direction in life. You feel that circumstances in your life has lead you on a different course.
  • To dream that you are being attacked by someone, indicates your character is being questioned. You feel the need to defend yourself. You are feeling stressed, vulnerable and helpless. You may also be faced with difficult changes in your waking life.
  • To hear evil, demonic laughing in your dream, represents feelings of humiliation and/or helplessness. You feel that someone is working against you.
So my interpretation of it all is: I am unemployed and somewhat avoiding the full impact of that reality. I'm feeling dissatisfied with life at the moment, and am wondering if this lull in work is a sign to change occupations, to find something with more fulfillment. And on a self-pitying note, feeling inadequate because I'm the only one of my friends without a job.

Hm. All stuff I already knew. Maybe I could skip the weird, disturbing nightmare next time. Thanks subconscious. Love, Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment