Ok, so it's not exactly like looking in the mirror. Cut out the smoking and hopefully cut back on the alcohol drinking, and ok, so I'm not having sex with the likes of Hugh Grant or Colin Firth either... but the rest is right on the money!
Bridget Jones is a woman who:
- is slightly dissatisfied with her job and life
- has wonderful, supportive friends
- makes questionable decisions with men
- is trying to improve on herself and life
- can't cook for shit
- constantly thinks she needs to lose 20 lbs
- is a warm, flawed, caring, real woman
Here are some favorite lines from the movie, some resonate and others just make me laugh:
"You'll never get a boyfriend if you look like you've wandered out of Auschwitz."
"Maybe this was the mysterious Mr. Right I'd been waiting my whole life to meet." ... "Maybe not."
"I suddenly realized that unless something changed soon I was going to live a life where my major relationship was with a bottle of wine and I'd finally die, fat and alone and be found three weeks later, half-eaten by wild dogs."
"This can't be just shagging. A mini-break means true love."
"At times like this continuing with one's life seems impossible and eating the entire contents of one's fridge seems inevitable. I have two choices: to give up and accept permanent state of spinsterhood and eventual eating by dogs... or not."
"...if staying here means working within 10 yards of you, frankly I'd rather have a job wiping Saddam Hussein's ass."
"...better dash. I've got another party to go to. It's single people. Mainly poofs. Bye."
"Definitely an occasion for genuinely tiny knickers!"
"'Wait a minute, nice boys don't kiss like that.' 'Oh yes they fucking do.'"
I also adore this movie's soundtrack! Just some classic, fantastic songs. My favorite just might be Out of Reach by Gabrielle. This song absolutely resonates with me! It's on the track list for the soundtrack of my life. Definitely have sung along at top volume driving in the car, oh yeah, it's one of those good songs. Don't you just love those?
No comments:
Post a Comment