Tuesday, September 28, 2010

37 days and a Cinnamony Mistake

Ok, so I'm not really sure how this came up, but I am apparently a girl who can't say no to a dare. Sounds like a great start to a really bad story, right?

Well, did you know it is impossible to swallow a whole tablespoon of cinnamon in one shot? It is. I had the cinnamon coming out of my nose to prove it. Not good. Somehow I was sort of challenged to try this, and I thought 'Really? How hard could it be?'

Went to the grocery store, bought the cinnamon, measured it into a tablespoon, even over-poured and evened it off with a knife - just to be precise - and after a few moments of thought wondering just how to swallow the whopping tablespoon of cinnamon, just went for it.

First few seconds, thought ok, not so bad. Until it started to get stuck. Eyes watering, trying to swallow. Not good, and it just went downhill from there! Cinnamon is not tasty going down by itself, and it's way worse coming back up. And even more revolting coming out of your nose.

So, lesson learned: don't try to eat a tablespoon of cinnamon. No matter how easy it sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment