I'm terrible with following the news, it's just so upsetting, but in this day and age it's next to impossible to live in media seclusion, certainly in New York City. I just have to say something about the heartbreaking stories that have come out about the teen suicides who were bullied because of their sexual orientation. If you haven't yet seen the video of Ellen DeGeneres, please watch it and please share it with others. She is absolutely right. An Important Message from Ellen DeGeneres
Inspired by Dan Savage's It Gets Better Project my friend Kevin Yee, who's out with the 2nd National tour of Wicked, made this video:
So I couldn't get the video to load for some reason, after 3 tries... here's a link instead:
I want to take the opportunity to say to all my gay friends: Thank you for being here today. I know some of your stories from growing-up, but there's nothing like walking in someone else's shoes. I can't imagine my life without each of you and how you have touched my life. I am so lucky and so proud to call you friend. I love you guys!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment